Tuesday, September 8, 2009

You may think you know first-aid

When I was in high school I got my lifeguard license and was well certified in first-aid.  Since then I have considered myself well prepared.  But for some reason, all knowledge and sense leaves you when your 19 month old sticks his hand in a open can of tomatoes and his fingers are wedged between the can and the lid.   Blood was everywhere, I just held Marshall and called Aram.  "What should I do, Marshall is bleeding bad?"  Hello woman, how about pressure?  This all happened on the 24th of July and our Urgent Care was closed for the holiday-what?  Aren't those places made specifically for holidays?  So we took him to two other clinics before he could get stitches.  He was so brave.  He held totally still and was infactuated with what the doctor was doing to his finger.  He got seven stitches on his little finger.  He had to where a sock on his hand for over a week.  But, he loved it.  Everytime it feel off he brang it to me to put it back on again.  And, he wore it for an extra week just because he liked it.  Funny kid.  Funny mom-you think you could keep your wits about you when something like this happens, hopefully this is the last time something like this happens, but I have a hunch (knowing my inquisitive, and fearless Marshall) that it is the first of many incidents.  

No comments: