Monday, May 4, 2009

Her Vacation



Long story...Long
I have been dying to see Wicked for years now. There have been several times when I almost bought tickets, and then my frugality get the better of me and I decide against it. I did this when we lived in AZ, I did it when we went to LA with my family, and I did it when tickets went on sale for Salt Lake.

During conference Elder Hales gave a talk about being frugal, and how the most loving thing you can say to a spouse is, "we can't afford it." After that talk Aram said, "Well, that came at a bad time for your birthday." That was enough to drive me crazy. I racked my brain as to what he might be planning, and if I should be a good wife and discourage him from doing it, or be selfish and indulge myself. While I was thinking of all the possibilities I came up with the possibility that it might be Wicked Tickets. One night while we were pillow talking I guessed what it was...a gift certificate to a spa (really nice, but really not what I wanted). So, I just came out with it..."I would rather go to Wicked." So we started looking for tickets and couldn't find any less than $250 per ticket. So, I suggested we just get cheaper tickets in San Francisco and spend the rest on lodging and food.

Needless to say, Wicked was Divine. I loved it. And, Aram did too. He won't stop listening to the CD.

No comments: