Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Love Snow


In case you were wondering I am wearing one of Shep's snow hats, I packed him two and forgot mine.

After living in Arizona for 18 months I have not been the biggest fan of winter. Especially those long and dreary February days of the inversion. But, I have to say I have had some pretty fabulous days of snowshoeing that makes me want to shout from the rooftops that "I love Snow". I love those days right after it snows and you get the clearest blue sky and the sun penetrates right to your soul and makes you feel so alive. It's the best!
On this hike we went up to Wheeler Creek in Ogden Canyon. I carried Marshall in the pack and Aram dragged Sheppard in the sled behind him. Shep was so relaxed, he zoned out and enjoyed the ride. I know we seem crazy but you've got to share the joys of your life with your kids, and not let them stop you from venturing out.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Good for you guys for sharing your love for the outdoors with your kids. I'm still trying to figure out how I can take a young baby and two other non-bike-riding kids on a bike ride with me. Hmmm.

J and T said...

So fun! We have been dying to get out snowshoeing. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it. We're getting snow right now, so maybe it isn't a bad time. Hope you guys are well.

Tara