Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Super, and Brave, Dad

I have always known Aram is a fantastic dad, and he continues to reaffirm this to me in his excitement and willingness to do things for and with the boys. Last Saturday, I took my young women to the Draper Temple Open House, and it took most of the day. My sister Kelsie invited the boys to go to Disney on Ice, seeing that I was tied up, Aram gladly volunteered to take the boys. To add to the adventure he decided he wanted to take the Front Runner Train to Salt Lake. I was impressed at his courage. I probably would never dare do such a task by myself. He left at 12 and didn't get back until close to 7. Talk about a long day with no nap, no car, and no stroller (he insisted he didn't want to have it). As I waited for them to get home, my imagination went wild with the possible mishaps that could have happened. But, when the boys got home they were in good spirits, and Aram had a very positive outlook on the day. He said Disney on Ice was great, despite the fact that Sheppard freaked out because the loud music and crazy lights. He said the train ride down with it's newness and the boy's excitement made all the stress of the ride home worth it.

Aram said this is what Shep's face was like for the whole Disney On Ice show.

As the lights went down and the music came on, Shep was very alarmed. The picture shows he was a little frantic, it took a little while for him to calm down. But, by the time he got home and gave mommy the report he only said how great it was, he must have selective memory.



Waiting for the train.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I can't get over how much Shep looks like you Karri!

Andee said...

That first picture is GREAT! I read "Shep got freaked out" then looked at the picture and went "yep!" How hilarious! Aram really is great like that. Anything for the boys! I can't believe Shep is three. I hope Josh is a great older brother like Shep. :)

Katie Torriente: said...

Wow, way to go Aram! He's a lot braver than I would be- 7 hours alone with two little kids, yikes! It was fun seeing you at Loni's wedding. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.