Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Things I Make My Husband Do



Aram fell in love with a young, spunky and sometimes cheesy 19 year old. Since that time six years ago, I wonder if he has wished he married someone a little less silly. He says that my spunkiness is one of the things he loves about me, but over the last six years he has gotten dragged into a lot of things he probably wouldn't choose to do on his own. One of which was very recently. On our trip to Newport Beach we attended a little Jazz concert by the pool. All of my siblings were egging me on to ask Aram to dance, so I did. While were were dancing Aram kept repeating "Everyone is staring at us." My only response was to explain to him that no one was looking at us because there was a much better act going on: the senior Floridian lovers who looked like they stepped right out of a movie. These people could actually dance, in fact they were little risque considering their age. I am glad Aram danced with me and continues to make me happy by going along with my cheesiness. Hey maybe forty years from now we can be the main attraction with a little hair dye, some high heels and penny loafers, and if Aram shrinks a bit.

1 comment:

Ruth Sagers said...

Kar, you are very spunky and cheesy, and that's one of the reasons why we all love you so much! Don't ever change.