Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two Americans In Paris

 We only had one day in Paris, which we spent way too much of  in the custumes line at Charles De Gualle Airport, so we really packed it in.  We started at Notre Dame and then made our way down the Seine.  Paris is a beautiful city, every building is ornate and gorgeous.  And, so many of them are built on a large scale it leads you to wonder what they are used for. 
 I took a ton of pictures of the Gargoyles guarding Notre Dame because my boys are totally obsessed with them. 
 We took a little detour to St. Louis Island for the worlds best ice cream at Berhillion.  It really was the best, ever.  Even after eating 3 a day in Italy, this was still the best. 
 Along this whole bridge were thousands of locks in which lovers over the years have pledged thier love and sealed the lock.  We didn't have a lock to contribute so we decided just to lock lips instead. 
 I got taken by this seemingly sweet old beggar lady.  I saw her walking down the street begging, and was going to give to her.  But, just as I was about to change my mind because I felt like it was an act, she started to fall.   I had to help her get her balance, and then I gave her my money.  Well at least she earned it with some good acting.  Throughout the rest of our trip with saw many more "old" beggars hiding their faces with their shawls or facing the ground in the kneeling position.  And, surprisingly these old women had the best hand cream ever because their hands were young, with no wrinkles.
                                                                  Relaxing at the gardens at the Louvre. 
 By the time we made it to the Eiffle Tower it was dark and pouring rain.  On the upside, no line.  We made the journey up the 700 stairs to get the best view in Paris.  I loved it!

 
                                                              Notice the Eiffle Tower in the distance. 

2 comments:

Riki said...

looks super fun Karri!

RasmussenFamily said...

yay... great shots. love them! and I love the commentary!