Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Study in Motherhood



Look at these two pictures closely. The are almost exactly the same, just a different day, clothes and location. These pictures capture so much of what motherhood is. Motherhood is trying to make your kids do something they don't want to do, like take a picture or eat their dinner. Motherhood is holding on to those kiddos and loving them despite their "moments". Motherhood is finding humor in every situation and trying to have a good attitude, like when your kid poops everywhere and you spend the rest of the day clorox wiping down your whole family room, or when he wakes up twice during the night when he's almost one, or when they dump whatever you give them to eat on the floor. Oh the joys of motherhood. But, really it is joyful. I am so grateful for my two wonderful boys, even if it is hard sometimes they bring so much happiness, laughter and joy to my life.

5 comments:

Karalyn Marzo said...

Thanks for sharing about motherhood. Jason and I babysat Dani's kids this weekend, and what you shared is totally how I felt, even though I'm not their mother. Hope you guys are doing well.

J and T said...

There are definitely THOSE kind of days. Can you have Marsh teach Katelyn to wake up only twice a night? Granted, she hasn't been feeling well, but waking up 8 times before 2:30 am (I lost count after that) is killing me! But like you said, it is totally worth it. I love being Katelyn's mom. Thanks for helping me to feel grateful, Karri.

Andee said...

I like your analysis of the pictures. They are hilarious! You said it really well. It's nice to have friends share their motherhood experiences and feel a little better about those days that are wasted away cleaning poop. Love ya, kar. :)

My Everythings said...

Hey Karri! I randomly woke up in the middle of the night and your name came to my mind. So today I thought I should blogstalk you and see if I could get in touch. Your boys are so cute and you look happy. :)

Haily Brian said...

So true. I love how you described motherhood. You are great!