Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Miracle of Life


There aren't words to describe the feelings a mother has when they first place your baby in your arms. It's overwelming, it's joyful, it's tearful. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mom again. Before we had Marshall I had some serious concerns. The first was that something would go wrong, and the second was that I wouldn't love him as much as I love Shep. I have learned my lesson concerning both things. I learned that some things are out of our control, no matter how much we worry about them. But, if we turn that concern over to the Lord we can feel peace. It doesn't mean everything will turn out how we want it all the time, tragedy does happen. It just means we can feel better and have peace in our life. Once I prayed my concerns to my Heavenly Father I felt like I turned it over to him and I literally felt a burden lift. The second thing I've learned is that love's capacity is evergrowing. Sure, I don't love Marshall the same as I love Shep, I love him differently. My love for him is young with experience, but deep with concern and charity. It is unconditional. And it will continue to grow as we experience life together.

6 comments:

Andee said...

Karri! What a beautiful baby! I am thrilled you set up a blog. Keep it comin, I'm loving your pictures and stories! I want to hear all about the delivery and how Marshall's doing. We are headed to St. George for the week. Hope to talk to you soon. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for your uplifting and faith promoting words. I love you so much!

Travis and Kamala Sloan said...

Fun blog aram and karri. Congratulations on another beautiful baby sloaner!

Jillyan said...

Hi Karri! This is Jill Smith. Congrats on your new baby boy! He is so adorable. We are so happy that everything went well. We hope to see you soon!

Susie said...

Congratulations to you and Aram! I hope you're doing well with two! He is adorable, of course. I've added you to my list of blogs to frequent so keep it coming! When you get a minute in between taking care of your boys... that is.

Crawling said...

Mrs Karri Sheppard Sloan! How are you? You have two little boys! That are beautiful by the way. Congratulations! That is very happy! Just thought I would say hello! I love this blog stuff!

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Karri! Two beautiful boys! What a lucky mommy! It's so fun to find your blog! Lots of love to you!