Monday, May 7, 2012

Boo Boo got a Boo Boo


One of Lucy's many nicknames is Boo Boo.  A couple of weeks ago she truly earned this grand title.  We were at Marshall's soccer game and I was holding her had as we crossed the field. She went limp so all her weight was being pulled with her right arm and I heard a pop.  I know not to pull babies from thier arms that way, in fact I lecture Aram on it at least once a month.  So, you can imagine how bad I felt when I knew I had just dislocated her elbow.  After 3 1/2 hours at Instacare, three relocations, and three x-rays later the "experts" determined they didn't know if it was back in the socket, or if it had any other problems such as a hairline fracture.  So they put my sweet little, busy body 18 month old in her first, and hopefully last cast.  With the orders to see a orthopedic surgeon on Monday.  Luckily, after that visit the Doc determined she was just fine, just in time for the beach and Disneyland!  She couldn't just get one boo boo, right?  So she added a major rug burn to her chin while horsing around in the car, and a huge bruise on her forehead by falling off our patio stairs. 

No comments: