Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nursury Rhymes

We have been learning nursury rhymes in preschool for the last couple of weeks. Shep loves to retell them to me. He has his own versions of the old classics.

Shep:"This Little Piggy went to the market, this little stayed home, this little piggy had roast pee, this little piggy had none..."-I don't know about you, but roast pee sound pretty nasty to me.

These next ones come from a nursury rhyme book we were reading, I would read part of each rhyme and he would finish them. He was looking at the pictures to find the right words, this is what he came up with.

Me: "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is..."
Shep: "Laying in his bed."

Me: "Rub-a-dub-dub, Three men in a..."
Shep: "Bucket"

Me: "Little Miss..."
Shep: "Muffin"
Me: "Sat on a..."
Shep: "Tuffer"

I don't think he quite gets the rhyming thing yet.

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Cute post. I love those little stinkers.