Thursday, June 19, 2008

Race Day




I have been training to run the Bear Lake Half for the past 3-4 months. Last weekend was the big race. It was so beautiful, we ran on the road around the lake. It was so fun to do it with an old pal, Andee (Durrant) McDonald. I started my normal pace, got alot of adranaline in the middle and went pretty fast and got a kick out of passing people, but all the people I past, past me during the last 2 miles...I totally died at the end. I couldn't feel my legs, it was a mental game the last 3 miles, I just kept telling myself "just keep running" and amazingly enough I did. All in all it was a fun experience, but I am glad it's over.

2 comments:

RasmussenFamily said...

Another one for the books... that might be one we'll have to try next summer together. congrats

MARZO'S said...

Way to go you awesome little mama! i wish that i had some of the sheppard running blood in my body. Thats awesome, im proud of you!!!!